Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I know a Survivor!

I haven't cared about Survivor since Season 3 (no, I can't for the life of me remember what it was called).
However, the cast for Season 16 (no, that is not a typo) was revealed recently, and I discovered that one of the contestants is a former classmate and co-worker of mine: Alexis Jones. She's part of Survivor: Micronesia (rookies vs. favorites).

Yay Alexis!



Here's her Entertainment Weekly profile:

THE ROOKIES:

ALEXIS JONES

AGE: 24

OCCUPATION: Motivational speaker

HOMETOWN: Beverly Hills (originally from Austin, Tex.)

ALEXIS SAYS: ''People will see the Southern belle in me. But I'm fiercely competitive — despite my dimples.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''When she came in she was so excited. And I launched into this speech about how you need to drop the excitement and get your head in the game because these other people out here, they're already playing, they're already playing you, and they're already seeing you're this little simple girl from Texas that they're going to run right over. And she looks at me and says, 'I've read every person here.' And she had a pretty good read on everybody. I thought, This is all I need to know. This girl knows how to play. As a fan, I picked this girl to win.''

See her profile here: http://www.survivorfever.net/s16_alexis_jones.html

Alexis is exactly what Jeff Probst describes. She seems like just a nice, pretty Southern belle...but she's whip smart and will take you to task if you deserve it without breaking a sweat. I think she's the perfect player for this game: no one will see her coming.

Damnit, now I'm actually going to have to watch. Good luck, Alexis! Survivor debuts on February 7th @ 8pm on CBS. Watch and root for her!

1 comment:

danielletbd said...

Hahahaha that's awesome. She's actually the second Survivor I've known, but I didn't care about Dalton 'cause he was just a friend of a friend. We should host screening parties :)